151 Days - John Goode

Fifth book in the series.

339 pages.

Book Description:

With just 151 days left until the school year ends, Kyle Stilleno is running out of time to fulfill the promise he made and change Foster, Texas, for the better. But Kyle and his boyfriend, Brad Graymark, have more than just intolerance to deal with. Life, college, love, and sex have a way of distracting them, and they’re realizing Foster is a bigger place than they thought. When someone from their past returns at the worst possible moment, graduation becomes the least of their worries.

My Opinion:

151 Days is the last in the Foster series. As a whole I really liked the Foster drama, but  this installment though still good is quite repetitive. The author wanted to wrap up the series and ensure all the characters were resolved. The problem is that the book has the same scenes again and again just from different viewpoints. So you reread the same dialogue several times. Not that the whole book is like this, but these scenes really slow down the pacing. Also many of the secondary character have their own side plots which really bogs down the storyline further.

Now that I got that out of my system I still enjoyed the book.  I liked Kyle and Brad characters.  Actually, most of the characters are fun. This book may be a little preachy and after school special but it hits home.  I would highly recommend this series even with the minor flaws.