Shiny! - Amy Lane

Amy Lane is know for her angst filled books. This book is a departure from her generally tortured souls. It's a happy, funny, easy going love story.

Dreamspinner Press.

198 pages

Book Description:

Will Lafferty and Kenny Scalia are both having sort of a day. Will gets fired for letting fifth graders read Harry Potter, and Kenny finds his boyfriend and his sex toys in bed with a complete stranger. When Will knocks over Kenny's trash can—and strews Kenny's personal business all over the street—it feels like the perfect craptastic climax to the sewage of suckage that has rained down on them both.

But ever-friendly, ever-kind Will asks snarky Kenny out for a beer—God knows they both need one—and two amazing things occur: Kenny discovers talking to Will might be the best form of intercourse ever, and Will discovers he's gay.

Their unlikely friendship seems like the perfect platonic match until Will reveals how very much more he’s been feeling for Kenny almost since the beginning. But Kenny’s worried. Will’s new-found sexuality is bright and glittery and shiny, but what happens when that wears off? Is Will's infatuation with Kenny strong enough to stay real?

Review:

I liked this book.  It made me laugh and smile.  I'm sure I even giggled.  For an Amy Lane book this was an easy to read,  really no angst, no huge drama, just  simply a pleasurable read.

The book begins with the retelling of how they became a couple during a wedding to a close family friend. Will and Kenny met while each was having their worst possible day and ends with them having one of their happiest. Just sweet, maybe a little sappy, but definitely Shiny!

Recommend

4 stars: Really likes. Will read again.